Wednesday, July 7, 2010

a poem for a friend

This is a poem about friendship and a poem about love,
A poem about everything I can think of.
Through all of the darkness and all of the pain,
You were there through the rain,
The rain of my life,
You were there in the storm,
To give me shelter and keep me warm,
and although I haven't been the nicest to you,
I can tell you our friendship will always be true,
I feel so bad for what I said,
The way I used you and the way I fled,
away from you and into the arm
of someone who only caused me harm
I felt so betrayed, I felt so used
I was so easily tattered, so easily bruised
and for the only person who really cared,
I ran away because I was scared
I was just so young and so naive
Now I always mourn and I always grieve
for the true friend that I really lost
At at such a very selfish cost
Although we've both moved on and found someone new,
My friendship with you will always be true,
So I wish you happiness, I wish you love
I wish you everything you dream of,
because you're a great person inside and out,
I know that without a doubt.
So go ski down a mountain and bike through a trail,
and maybe sometime you'll remember a tale,
of the shy girl with the dark blonde hair,
whose life you changed in a way that is rare.

No comments: