There is a demon who can't let me see
The beauty that's right in front of me,
I'm so transfixed, all I do is compare,
All I want to have is what is not there,
A faded tear falls down my cheek,
I have a never-ending quest to seek,
A new image of self, of perfection,
Because when I gaze into my reflexion,
All I see is empty, all I see is plain,
I seem so superficial, I seem so vain,
But I can't help that it's how I feel,
I want to be plastic, I don't want to be real.
For I grow and I shrink and I eat and I drink,
I really don't know what else to think,
For I'm all alone in a strange place,
And my image of self has erased,
Call me a serpent, call me a maid,
I'll be whatever you call me in this masquerade,
For I am blind, yet I can only see,
the identity that you transcribe upon me.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment