Wednesday, August 28, 2013
pushing
Sometimes all I can do is push forward,
When I really want to push back
I feel like I'm living in an organized chaos
Where I have a strict schedule, a strict plan for the future,
A planned map of exactly where I want to go,
and I feel like that map is now burning
I feel like a spinning compass, a lost traveler,
A sky without a North star to guide,
A ship without a captain,
A soul without another to unite
A barren wasteland,
with emptiness echoing across the meadow
A tumbleweed drifting off into the distance
A dandelion seed flying into the wind
A girl who thinks she's got it together
But really doesn't have a clue
And so the clock ticks, the wheels turn, the pendulum swings
And only tomorrow will tell
What will come of us
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment